[gecode-users] Gecode and Gist on Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Sep 4 13:50:29 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded my Mac to Snow Leopard and XCode 3.2 and ran a few
quick checks.  It seems everything works well.  Here's a couple of
notes:

The installer package from the Gecode download page apparently works
out of the box.

It seems that the installer package for Qt 4.5 has some issues on Snow
Leopard.  As noted on
	http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/08/31/qt-46-on-mac-os-106/
it may be necessary to uncheck the installation of Qt documentation.

If you build Gecode yourself, you have to know that XCode 3.2 uses gcc
4.2.1 by default.  You therefore don't have to configure with
CC=gcc-4.2 CXX=g++-4.2 any longer.  The new gcc is configured to
produce 64 bit code by default.  This is fine unless you want to
compile Gist against the Qt binary package, which is 32 bit only.  In
this case, simply configure with --with-architectures=i386.

If you encounter any other issues, let me know!