[gecode-users] compiling for 32bits on snow leopard

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Sat Oct 31 15:06:17 CET 2009

Hi Denys,

Denys Duchier wrote:
> A colleague of mine has been having quite a bit of difficulty trying
> install Gecode on her brand new Mac.  When compiling from sources for
> 32bits: I added -m32 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, but it turns out that's
> not
> sufficient.  I had to tweak the Makefile and add -m32 also to
> DLLFLAGS.
>
> Maybe there's a better way, but I thought I'd pass on the info.
> Perhaps
> you can tweak configure to make this easier.  Me, I don't know macs
> from
> a hole in the ground, so I won't try.

I don't think m32 or m64 should be necessary on Mac OS.  Did she use
the configure option -with-architectures=i386 in order to select 32-
bit mode?  That's the recommended way, and in my experience that's all
that is needed.  You can give any architecture there, e.g. for the
binary packages I use -with-architectures=i386,x86_64,ppc in order to
get a "universal binary".