[gecode-users] version 3.2: problem compiling examples in Xcode

Mauricio Toro mauriciotorob at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:52:49 CET 2009

Hello,

I am using Mac OS X 10.5.8, the Gecode 3.2.0 framework and gcc 4.2 and it
works perfectly.
Perhaps there is a problem when using Xcode; I am compiling without Xcode.

2009/10/30 Guido Tack <tack at ps.uni-sb.de>

> serge lemouton wrote:
> > I am on MacOs X (10.5.8) and using Xcode.
> > When the examples are compiled (with gcc 4.2) and linked against the
> > gecode framework, I get the following error:
> >
> > dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
> >
> __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i
> >   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/gecode.framework/Versions/18/
> > gecode
> >   Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
> >
> > If I switch back to the previous (3.1) gecode framework, it works
> > perfectly ...
> > What's new there ?
>
> The 3.2.0 binaries have been built on Mac OS 10.6.  I thought it
> should be backwards-compatible, but maybe it isn't.  When exactly did
> you download the package?  I uploaded a new 3.2.0 package yesterday
> afternoon, it would be interesting to know whether you got the new
> package or the old one (another way to find out is to see whether the
> command
> file /Library/Frameworks/gecode.framework/gecode
> reports x86_64 as an architecture - if yes, it's the new package).
>
> Cheers,
>         Guido

Mauricio TORO BERMUDEZ

Research Postgraduate Student (Ph.D)
Computer Science Research Laboratory of Bordeaux (LABRI)
University of Bordeaux 1: Science and Technology

http://cic.javerianacali.edu.co/~mauriciotoro/

351, cours de la Libération
F-33405 Talence Cedex. France.
Phone: (+33) 5 4000 24 85