[gecode-users] version 3.2: problem compiling examples in Xcode

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Oct 30 08:15:50 CET 2009

serge lemouton wrote:
> I am on MacOs X (10.5.8) and using Xcode.
> When the examples are compiled (with gcc 4.2) and linked against the
> gecode framework, I get the following error:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
> __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i
>   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/gecode.framework/Versions/18/
> gecode
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
>
> If I switch back to the previous (3.1) gecode framework, it works
> perfectly ...
> What's new there ?

The 3.2.0 binaries have been built on Mac OS 10.6.  I thought it
should be backwards-compatible, but maybe it isn't.  When exactly did
you download the package?  I uploaded a new 3.2.0 package yesterday
afternoon, it would be interesting to know whether you got the new
package or the old one (another way to find out is to see whether the
command
file /Library/Frameworks/gecode.framework/gecode
reports x86_64 as an architecture - if yes, it's the new package).