[gecode-users] High memory consumption during execution

benoit benoitlaurent at neuf.fr
Mon Nov 9 23:17:22 CET 2009

Hello,

In a previous message
(http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/pipermail/gecode-users/2009-November/003287.html),
I faced memory problems with the element constraint during the
definition of my space. The concept of shared array implemented in the
new version of Gecode (3.2.1) solved it.

However, a high memory consumption problem now occurs during execution.
I suppose that it is also related to the element constraint (but I'm not
completely sure). I tried to isolate a simple piece of code but failed
to reproduce the problem. I also tried to identify the problem in debug
mode but, at some point, I can not have access to the code (I'm using
Visual Studio Express 2008). With the few information provided, it may
be difficult to solve my problem. Is there a "classical" mistake that
could explain this behavior ?

I can provide my code if needed but it is not very "digeste".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Benoît