[gecode-users] Advisor documentation ?

Martin Mann mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sat May 16 00:55:31 CEST 2009

Hi, me again...

Another thing I struggled on was the goal/use/usage of the Advisor
concept and more over its classes and sources.
Unfortunately, the tutorial does not cover the setup of custom
propagators yet. (Beneath: The Tutorial is really great and eases work a
lot! Thanks for that!)

Is there another description beneath the paper in the publications list
"Advisors for Incremental Propagation"? I only had a short look into the
pdf so far but no deeper reading yet. Will come next.

But the paper does not cover the implementational details where and how
to implement an Advisor for a propagator nor how to set it up.

Is there some kind of documentation ongoing or a simple example to start
with?

Last but not least: is it planned to have a chapter in the tutorial
about writing a custom propagator? Think this would be something read by
  a lot of people but I see that writing a good tutorial is very time
consuming...

Thanks a lot,

Martin