[gecode-users] Gecode 3.0.0, Gecode modeling tutorial and Gecode/FlatZinc 1.4 released

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Mar 13 01:25:48 CET 2009

Dear all,

we are happy and proud to announce our next major release:

                  Gecode 3.0.0
           http://www.gecode.org

as well as the brand-new tutorial documentation on modeling with Gecode.

This release is a major consolidation release: interfaces have been
cleaned up (consistent parameter passing, consistent naming, simpler
Gist interface, namespaces for operator overloading); some
functionality has been extended (propagators can be non-monotonic;
branchings support tie-breaking and random variable and value
selection); some functionality that did not meet our quality goals has
been removed (complete set variables, reflection); usage has been
simplified (auto-linking on Windows, more commonly used filename
extensions); important aspects have been optimized (memory management,
memory usage and efficiency on 64bit machines). These cleanups were in
particular necessary to make Gecode easier to document (this release
is the first to be accompanied by tutorial documentation explaining
how to model with Gecode).

The complete changelog is available at
	http://www.gecode.org/changes.html

We also release

                  Gecode/FlatZInc 1.4
           http://www.gecode.org/flatzinc.html

which has been updated to work with Gecode 3.0.0, as well as received
minor fixes.

On our web site, you find source packages, as well as binary packages
for Windows and Mac OS.