[gecode-users] Compiling Gecode using framework and GCC 4.0

Gustavo Gutiérrez gutierrez.gustavo at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 9 16:27:14 CEST 2009

On 09 Jun 2009, at 16:14, Christian Schulte wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a solution to use Gecode Framework
> with GCC 4.0 or if somebody know how to compile using GCC 4.2 under
> XCode 2.4 ?

As far as I know XCode is really tight to gcc and even worse, to apple
gcc. What you can do  is to download unofficial versions of gcc 4.2
(gnu-gcc) that you can install on Mac Os tiger (see http://r.research.att.com/tools/
  ). But using them from Xcode is not possible. In my opinion, this
give you at least the possibility to use recent versions of gecode on
Tiger. If you follow this way remember that this compiler will not
produce or deal with MacOS framworks, just with dynamic libraries.

Hope this helps,

Gustavo