[gecode-users] compiling a new propagator‏

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Aug 14 19:24:55 CEST 2009

One possible problem could be that you declare a non-template
propagator.  In that case, you may have to export all functions that
must be publicly available using the GECODE_INT_EXPORT macro.
Alternatively, you can try running configure with the --disable-gcc-
visibility option in order to switch on automatic export of all
functions.
Another option is to put your propagator not inside Gecode, but into
your own code (e.g. directly into the example.cpp file).  That's
better practice anyway, as otherwise you'll end up patching your
propagator into Gecode with every version we release.

Anyway, you should verify with the nm and c++filt commands whether the
symbols actually end up in the generated .o and/or .so files.