[gecode-users] Reporting memory usage

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:16:54 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Gustavo Gutierrez
<ggutierrez at atlas.puj.edu.co> wrote:
> It would be nice and useful to have it but of course we can use some
> workaround:  what we can do for now is to use some bash scripting to measure
> the memory allocated by an specific process, unfortunately this is not so
> standard from one operating system to another.

For the memory-benchmarks on the Gecode web-page we use the memusage
tool from glibc. It is not terribly well-documented, but it is simple
and it gives an accurate measure of the total amount of memory that
your application allocates from the OS. The source for the script can
be viewed at [1].The script pre-loads the libmemusage.so library (part
of glibc) for measurements.

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/malloc/memusage.sh?rev=1.10.2.7&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=glibc