[gecode-users] Maximal consistent assignment

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:26:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:03 PM,  <benoitlaurent at neuf.fr> wrote:
> More precisely, I am looking for a maximal consistent assignment.
> Is it natively managed in GECODE ?

No, it is not implemented in Gecode.

> I made a first attempt : I added a dummy value in the domain of each
> variable. During the search process, I put constraints on the number of
> "unassigned variables" to minimise it. Is it the proper way to deal with
> partial consistent assignment in GECODE ?

Given that a partial consistent assignment/maximal consistent
assignment is more of a meta-property of a constraint problem, I would
not try to encode it into the problem. Instead I would modify the
search procedure so that it records the maximal consistent assignments
it finds.

Cheers,
Mikael

--