[gecode-users] Compiling in Mac OS X: .dmg Vs makefile

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Oct 20 14:02:46 CEST 2008

Mauricio Toro wrote:
> I am trying to distribute some software developed for Mac OS X
> Leopard Intel
> using Gecode. I have a problem. I compile my software using a Gecode
> 2.2.2
> installed using make, make install, etc and it works great. When I
> try to load
> my software in another Mac OS X Leopard Intel computer using Gecode
> 2.2.2
> installed using the .dmg package, Gecode cannot be loaded and
> therefore
> my software cannot be opened.

I guess it's Gecode 2.2.0, or you're a time traveler ;-)

> I am compiling my software this way:
> g++  -o examples/philosopherspd2.pd_darwin examples/
> philosopherspd2.cpp -I/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
> Resources/src/ -I/usr/local/include/flext/ -DFLEXT_SYS=2 -lflext-
> pd_s -undefined dynamic_lookup -bundle -I. -lgecodesearch -
> lgecodecpltset  -lgecodeset -lgecodeint -lgecodeminimodel -
> lgecodeserialization -lgecodekernel -lgecodesupport -ffast-math -O3
>
> How can I compile it in order to make it work with the framework
> installed by the .dmg package?
>
> Should I do it like this?
> g++  -o examples/philosopherspd2.pd_darwin examples/
> philosopherspd2.cpp -I/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
> Resources/src/ -I/usr/local/include/flext/ -DFLEXT_SYS=2 -lflext-
> pd_s -undefined dynamic_lookup -bundle -I. -L /Library/Frameworks/
> gecode.framework/gecode -ffast-math -O3

It should suffice to specify -framework gecode as an option when
linking, and you shouldn't need any -I option for the gecode headers.
Please consult Apple's documentation on frameworks, or consider
linking gecode statically into your software (so that you don't have
to rely on it being installed).