[gecode-users] BoolExpr example

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Fri Nov 21 16:19:20 CET 2008

"Christian Schulte" <cschulte at kth.se> writes:

>> 2) Could you explain in more detail what ~ does?
>
> The ~-operator takes a linear relation and reifies it (makes it a BoolExpr).
>
>> 3) Likewise, what does tt() do?
>
> It enforces that a Boolean expression should be true. There is an
> corresponding function ff for enforcing it to be false.
>
>> 4) Under exactly what conditions does post() create a BoolVar?
>
> When the expression posted is a BoolExpr and not a BoolRel.

I have the nagging feeling that using "post" both for expressions and
for relations maybe a source of unnecessary complexity.  Explicit
reification of a linear relation should typically not be required (it
can be deduced from the context of use).

Am I wrong in thinking that if we had "post" for relations and "epost"
for expressions, some of the current complexity could be made to go
away?

Cheers,

--Denys