[gecode-users] implementing branching heuristics

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 20:37:44 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:41:41PM +0200, Guido Tack wrote:
> Oliver Kullmann wrote:
> >P.S. Regarding the documentation one finds the statement:
> >
> >"We kindly ask that documentation is not installed anywhere in such
> >a way that it will be indexed by search engines."
> >
> >I wonder what is the reason for this? Actually, it creates a problem
> >for my system, since the complete documentation is mirrored on the
> >Internet, and I make available also all documentation of external
> >sources installed by the OKlibrary, and this should include Gecode.
> >Would it be enough if on the main page which links to the
> >documentation
> >I set the meta-tags to "no search engines"?
>
> Yes, that should do.

Just an idea: The html-documentation you distribute
could have already every page with the meta-tags set.
This would prevent some accidental mistakes.

Now sensitised to the issue (it didn't occur to me
before), if I take some action (for my *own* library,
and my own documentation), then I'll introduce a switch
such that by default every web-page has the meta-tags set
appropriately (on the user-side).
With doxygen this should be quite easy to
do, and for the other web-pages I have a little
m4-based "content management system".

Just to mention; thanks for the reply.

Oliver

--