[gecode-users] implementing branching heuristics

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Jun 9 22:41:41 CEST 2008

Oliver Kullmann wrote:
> P.S. Regarding the documentation one finds the statement:
>
> "We kindly ask that documentation is not installed anywhere in such
> a way that it will be indexed by search engines."
>
> I wonder what is the reason for this? Actually, it creates a problem
> for my system, since the complete documentation is mirrored on the
> Internet, and I make available also all documentation of external
> sources installed by the OKlibrary, and this should include Gecode.
> Would it be enough if on the main page which links to the
> documentation
> I set the meta-tags to "no search engines"?

Yes, that should do.

> Isn't the documentation also open-source?
> Perhaps your reason is that search-engines shall point to
> your site, not to others?
> But this seems not compatible to me to the GPL licence, which
> doesn't allow to put restrictions on further distribution?

The license we use is MIT, not GPL, but it also does not restrict
redistribution. Of course, as we hold the copyright, we could add
further restrictions as we like, but we don't.  We just kindly ask
you.  The reason is exactly what you guessed, that we would like
search engines to point to the main, most up-to-date version.