[gecode-users] implementing branching heuristics

Oliver Kullmann O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 20:21:03 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:42:02PM +0200, Christian Schulte wrote:
> Yes, using a search engine should point always to the freshest version. It
> is highly annoying if you get zillions of webpages all of which are out of
> date (for example, Java and many other software packages require (or ask
> for) the same).

I'll see.

> Gecode is _not_ GPL, it is distributed under the MIT license (check the
> license, please)! And we kindly ask. So if you want to make the life of
> other users more miserable, than you are still allowed to do so ;-) However,
> we just ask for common sense here.

Of course! My question was not about "why on earth ...", but I was asking
from a similar position --- with my library I have the same problem,
and so I'm interested in the argument.
And regarding licence issues, I'm always curious out of necessity
regarding legal details --- since I'm in the same position, and
need to care!

> I am unfamiliar which tag to set to not have stuff indexed, I am only
> familiar with having a robots.txt file when using apache.

I'll first set the meta-tags, and if nevertheless some pages will
be indexed, I'll do something about it.

Thanks

Oliver