[gecode-users] LDS search

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Mon Jan 28 14:18:10 CET 2008

Hi Stefano,

The number of fails can be higher as LDS might explore the same parts of the
tree more than once (You probe the tree several times with increasing max
discrepancy). The details I have to check again.

Your second observation I do not really buy into: when you turn a stack into
a queue you get BFS but not LDS! LDS is really unique in that it iterates
probes with an increasing number of discrepancies allowed.

Christian Schulte, www.ict.kth.se/~cschulte/