[gecode-users] Adventures in installation

David Barton d.barton at edaptive.com
Tue Jan 15 15:47:49 CET 2008

Gentle gecode users:

I have a virgin machine on which I am attempting to load gecode.  Because it
is a virgin, beautiful as it is, I downloaded a new cygwin installation, so
it has the latest everything.  Downloading gecode and doing .configure,
everything went splendidly.  When I did a make, I got a g++ compile error on
ranges-diff.icc --- the goto statement at line 94 gave me one of those
strange C++ errors that you are branching to a label in a wrong dimension,
or whatever they want to say.  I got that to work by putting a loop around
the whole thing, moving the label down to the bottom of the loop, and
sticking a nonsense statement after the loop.  Fine.

Now, when it gets to the final load statement of examples/bacp.exe, I am
getting ten thousand undefined reference statements in
minimodel/bool-expr.cc and int/var/bool.icc.  Most of these are of BoolVars
of various sorts.  Those I *don't* know what to do about.  I suppose having
an example not load won't kill me, but I'd like to know what is going on.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.....

David L. Barton
Director, Rosetta CoE
EDAptive Computing, Inc.
1245-G Lyons Road, Dayton, OH 45458
(937) 433-0477

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain company
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
destroy any copies of this document.