[gecode-users] Quiescence in a commit of a branching

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:49:36 CET 2008

On Dec 28, 2007 9:12 AM, David Rijsman <davidrijsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to batch some decisions which have only one alternative
> into one branching and have some trouble to create quiescence after a
> tell in the commit method of my branching.
>
> Is it possible to enforce quiescence  after a tell in the commit
> method of my branching, I think invoking Space::propagate would do it
> but this method is private.

Invoking propagation can be done using the status()-member of a Space.
This should not be done in the commit of a branching however, since
commit should only do what is described by the BranchingDesc that it
gets.

> My use case is to assign values to some variables in my problem as a
> last step (branching)  but such that these assignments are not
> considered steps with alternatives in the search when I search for a
> better/next solution,

Constructing branching descriptions with a single alternative should
be what you are looking for. This is the approach taken by the
assignment branchings in gecode [1].

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] http://www.gecode.org/gecode-doc-latest/classGecode_1_1ViewValAssignment.html