[gecode-users] Gecode 2.1.0, Gecode/J 2.1.0, Gecode/FlatZinc 1.2 released

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Feb 29 16:58:18 CET 2008

We would like to announce the release of

                   Gecode 2.1.0
            http://www.gecode.org

This release makes two essential contributions: a partly reimplemented
kernel that is faster, is simpler, and uses less memory and lots of
small and not so small fixes. This release is the first release where
really everything that we can test (rather than everything that we
initially believed to matter) has been systematically tested. So,
better switch now to 2.1.0!
Apart from that, the value range for variables has been increased
(basically, 32 bits minus three values, so that is 32 bits), the
reflection API is now fully functional and no longer considered
experimental, and we have the usual small additions.

We also release

                   Gecode/J 2.1.0
            http://www.gecode.org/gecodej/

and

                   Gecode/FlatZInc 1.2
            http://www.gecode.org/flatzinc.html

Both Gecode/J and Gecode/FlatZinc have been updated to work with
Gecode 2.1.0.

On our web site, you will find source packages as well as binary
packages for Windows and Mac OS X.