[gecode-users] Problem with stress-distinct

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Feb 21 16:41:58 CET 2008

Mauricio Toro wrote:
> I am getting this error when trying to run the
> "stress-distinct" example using the common lisp wrapper.
>
> Perhaps somebody has a clue:
>
> Assertion failed: (dom.min() == dom.max()), function val,
>  file /usr/local/include/gecode/int/var/imp-int.icc, line 223.

I'd guess that you're accessing the value of a yet unassigned
variable.  I don't know where you access it, and I don't know why any
variable in stress-distinct should be unassigned, but that's what it
looks like.

Also, this is a strong hint at the fact that you're using a debug
build of Gecode, otherwise the assertion wouldn't have fired.  Is that
the version that you tried to run your performance experiments on?
That would explain the differences.