[gecode-users] Tracing propagation

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 14 06:40:30 CEST 2008

It would be really handy if there was some way to trace the constraint
propagation process. I am currently facing a problem which is failing
for reasons I cannot work out. I can trace it in Gist as far as the
relevant choice, but I don't understand why it is causing a failure.
If I could trace the constraint propagation between the branch and the
failure I might be able to see what is going wrong. As it stands, I am
left simulating the propagation by hand, which is very tedious.

I realise that identifying particular constraints is difficult, but
even if you could just have a list of the variables that are affected
and the way in which there domain changed, it would be something.

Malcolm