[gecode-users] Installation problems on CygWin

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Sun Apr 13 18:41:22 CEST 2008

Katya Alahverdzhieva wrote:

> Hello Gecoders,
>
> I'm trying to run an application (Tulipa) which uses Gecode/J. I'm
> using Cygwin on Windows XP (SP2, German). I get the error message
> which is posted at the bottom of this email. Here is a summary of
> what I did:
>
>  - Gecode-2.1.1.msi doesn't work for me
>     - reports that I don't have enough disk space
>        - that's obviously wrong, I have GBs of free space
>        - Google tells me others have had that problem
>     - I decided to compile manually
>
>  - installed gecode-2.1.1.tar.gz
>     - so, in a Cygwin shell:
>        - ./configure CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin"

I guess the libraries generated with gcc (even with -mno-cygwin) don't
work with Java.  It seems the library can be loaded, but the symbol
names don't match.

We have not been able to get this setup running, either (I remember
trying this a while ago), but only support the (freely available)
Microsoft C++ compiler for Gecode/J on Window.  Please try that
compiler, it should work without problems.