[gecode-users] Independent subproblems

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:19:05 CET 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 1:15 AM, Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> Thanks. I've been reading the Handbook of Constraint Programming some
> more. I saw it suggested somewhere in there (I've lost the reference)
> that conflict-directed backjumping (Prosser 1993) is particularly
> effective on problems of this sort.

My guess would be that a direct approach like the one Guido has been
working on is probably the best thing for these kinds of problems.

> Does Gecode implement any kind of backjumping?

No.

> Or least-discrepancy search?

Limited discrepancy search is implemented in Gecode, but we haven't
included it in Gecode/J. Maybe we should do that.

Cheers,
Mikael

--
Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/