[gecode-users] How to install Gecode installed the Gecode/J using cygwin

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Nov 23 14:39:35 CET 2007

Debdeep wrote:

> hi,
> I was trying to install Gecode-1.3.1 msi, but i have got an error
> message saying "Can't find interface 1". So i was trying to install
> using cygwin. but where is the package-config folder ? I have compiled
> the Gecode-1.3.1 when i tried to install Gecode/J it complaning about
> the package config path. Any idea how to install it ?

You have to have pkg-config installed when you configure Gecode 1.3.1
(you can get it from cygwin).  Then configure will detect that pkg-
config is present and generate the necessary files, which will be
installed in <prefix>/lib/pkgconfig upon make install.  You should
then set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include that directory.  After these
steps, the Gecode/J configure should find the files.