[gecode-users] order in calls to status and commit...

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon May 28 20:46:53 CEST 2007

Sébastien Mouthuy wrote:

> Could that be the problem ? Should B1 and B2 be two copies of a comman
> instance of the branching ? I know descriptions and branchings use
> id's.
> could it be the problem ?

Hm, it shouldn't be the problem. If the branchings are always created
in the same order, the ids will be the same. Could you verify this?
Just print the id in the Branching constructor, and check that it's
the same no matter whether you use recomputation or not.

The one thing we do not support is creating a branching in a
propagator. This won't work because propagation order can be
different during recomputation, so the creation order of the
branchings would be different and the ids would not match.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack