[gecode-users] order in calls to status and commit...

Sébastien Mouthuy smouthuy at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:01:56 CEST 2007

	Hello,

I have one question related to the one I posted before (thank you for
the fast reply :) ).

Could you tell me what is exactly the order in which the functions
status and commit are called ?

For me it should be

call to status with space S. if it returns true, then copy S. let's call
the copy Sc. Then call commit() with S and a=0. when we will have
backtracked, commit will be called with Sc and a=1.

I ask this question because I post a branching in the commit function of
another branching. Then I catch the following exception:

'Gecode::SpaceNoBranching'
  what():  Space::commit: Attempt to commit with no branching

I don't understand exactly the problem nor its solution. Could you bring
me any help ?

Thanks a lot,

sebastien