[gecode-users] installation

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist zayenz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:54:49 CET 2007

On 3/19/07, penche21 penche21 <penche21 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Now I got examples folder running.

That's great.

> But when I tried my own project it gave errors nearly for every method.
>
> Then I noticed that examples have the statement:
> public class Money extends Space {...}
> whereas I have - though I dont why or the difference between:
> public class Project extends Gecode {..}

As in Gecode, classes should extend the Space class.

Before Gecode/J 1.0.0 the class to extend was the Gecode class. Now
this class is just a collection of static functions.

> when I changed from extends Gecode to extends Space erros downed to 1.
> >can not find symbol lex (this, matrix.row(2), IRT_LE, matrix.row(3) );
>
> I import:
> import static org.gecode.Gecode.*;
> import static org.gecode.GecodeEnumConstants.*;
> import org.gecode.*;
>
> it ,somehow, yells for lex?

That is because there is no constraint named lex in Gecode/J. It is
simply called rel:
http://www.gecode.org/gecodej/doc/group__TaskIntIntRel.html

In Gecode the Minimodel package has some additional names for some
constraints, for example for lex. These are not in the Gecode/J
package though. Might be a good idea to add them for the next release.

Cheers,
Mikael

--
Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist, http://www.ict.kth.se/~zayenz/