[gecode-users] Using GecodeJ with Eclipse

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Apr 5 17:37:24 CEST 2007

Luis Quesada wrote:

> In order to set java.library.path, I did the following:
>
> I went to Run-> Run...-> Java Applicaton-> New ->Arguments -> VM
> Arguments.  I pasted  "-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/" to the
> VM Arguments field.

That seems to be the way to do it.

> However, I am now getting the following problem:
>
> Gecode native code library failed to load.
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/lib/libgecodej.so.1.0:
> libgecodeint.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

It means that the Gecode libraries are not on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Check where they are installed, and that that path is either in /etc/
ld.so.conf (like /usr/lib) or in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Germany
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack