[gecode-users] Using GecodeJ with Eclipse

Luis Quesada l.quesada at 4c.ucc.ie
Thu Apr 5 17:25:49 CEST 2007

Guido Tack wrote:
> Luis Quesada wrote:
>> I have installed the last versions of Gecode and GecodeJ
>> successfully. I am able to run the GecodeJ examples without any problem.
>
> Ok, great!
>
>> I would like to use GecodeJ from Eclipse. As far as I understand,
>> GecodeJ.jar is installed in my system's directory for Java extensions
>> ( /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/jre/lib/ext/GecodeJ.jar), so that I can
>> import Gecode/J packages without setting the class path.
>
> Right.
>
>> However, I am getting the following error *when using Eclipse*:
>>
>> =======
>> Gecode native code library failed to load.
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gecodej in java.library.path
>> =======
>>
>> I guess the gecodej in the error is referring to the GecodeJ.jar
>> above mentioned. However, I am not that familiar with Eclipse. Could
>> you help me with this, please?
>
> The error is not referring to GecodeJ.jar, but to libgecodej.so. It
> should be installed in the Java extension directory, too.

Actually libgecodej.so is installed in /usr/local/lib/.

> In fact, the error means that GecodeJ.jar has been found, so that path
> seems to be fine. It may be necessary to set the property
> java.library.path somewhere in the Eclipse settings to wherever the
> .so is installed.
In order to set java.library.path, I did the following:

I went to Run-> Run...-> Java Applicaton-> New ->Arguments -> VM
Arguments.  I pasted  "-Djava.library.path=/usr/local/lib/" to the VM
Arguments field.

However, I am now getting the following problem:

Gecode native code library failed to load.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/lib/libgecodej.so.1.0:
libgecodeint.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don't understand this error...

Cheers,
Luis