[gecode-users] GecodeJ : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Grégoire Dooms dooms at info.ucl.ac.be
Wed Nov 1 11:16:33 CET 2006

Mikaël De Bie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to solve a gecodeJ problem by a popen("java SolveProblem",
> "r") in a C++ code of an add-on of OpenOffice.
>
> I'm getting this error :
>
> Gecode native code library failed to load.
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /usr/local/gecode/release-1.0.0/libgecodejava.so:
> /opt/openoffice.org2.0/program/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.1'
> not found (required by /usr/local/gecode/release-1.0.0/libgecodejava.so)
>
> I have several different libstdc++.so.6 file on my disk. One is in
> /opt/openoffice.org2.0/program. it seems not to be the good version,
> but I think I can't replace it because OpenOffice maybe needs this
> version...

You could try to compile gecode and gecodeJ with the same compiler as
you used for your openoffice add-on and make sure they are linked
against /opt/openoffice.org2.0/program/libstdc++.so.6

> Furthermore, I don't know how to know which version I have.
>
> I 've tried to run java SolveProblem directly in the console and there
> is no error.

My guess is that your gecode libraries use libstdc++.so.6 with a
different C++ ABI version.

Maybe someone  on this list is more familiar to these libstdc++ version
problems than me, or you could try to ask that question on a g++ users list.

All the best with your project
--
Grégoire