[gecode-users] Retrieval of status and elimination of the SS_BRANCH case

Efstratios Kalogirou efkalog at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:50:49 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am using the status method to get the status of my space. In case the
status returns SS_BRANCH I would like to branch the search tree and find out
if the status is SS_SOLVED or SS_FAILED. In other words I want to eliminate
the case where the status returns SS_BRANCH [only solved or failed spaces
are accepted]. I am doing something like:

QSpace* qs=new QSpace;   //this is a subclass of Space where my problem is
defined
  qs->getStatus();                //this is where I print the status of my
space. In my case this returns SS_BRANCH
  DFS<QSpace> e(qs,25,200);  //this is where I am using the Depth First
Engine to search through the tree
  qs->getStatus();                //this is where I would expect to see
either SS_SOLVED or SS_FAILED but not SS_BRANCH

The problem is that after the second retrieval of the status I get again
SS_BRANCH. What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Stratos Kalogirou