[gecode-users] Logilab's Python Wrapper for Gecode

Grégoire Dooms dooms at info.ucl.ac.be
Tue Mar 14 15:40:45 CET 2006

Dear all,

last week we have had a PyPy
(http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/news.html) sprint about
integrating Python and logic/constraint programming at UCL in
Louvain-la-Neuve (view the report here:
http://codespeak.net/pypy/extradoc/sprintinfo/louvain-la-neuve-2006/report.txt
).

During this print we started the development of a Python wrapper for Gecode.
We were able to wrap a simple generic space which allows to dynamically
register integer variables in it and post a few constraints. We also
implemented a generic propgator over ints which triggers  a Python
callback  on propagate().
The embryonic wrapper is available at
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/lib/logic/gecode_wrapper/

The guys from Logilab  (http://www.logilab.org and
http://www.logilab.fr) which had already implemented a pure Python
constraint solver (http://www.logilab.org/projects/constraint) are in
the process of developing the Python wrapper.

All the best,
--
Grégoire Dooms