[gecode-users] Analysing search performance

Efstratios Kalogirou efkalog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:38:35 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm currently using gecode to solve some industrial product
configuraiton problems. The indstry defines their constaints in a tabular
form. The columns in the table correspond to different attributes of the
product (e.g., the kind of mohterboard for a PC), and each row defines valid
configurations of the attributes. The problem is of course that these
tables interact such that it is hard to find a valid global configuration.

My question is whether Gecode has a direct way of encoding such tables? It
can of course be encoded using a DNF formula where each conjunct corresponds
to a row, but I wonder if this is the most efficient way.

Best,
Stratos