[gecode-users] Skipping branching alternatives?

Martin Mann mmann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 7 16:24:33 CEST 2006

Hi again,

I ve got a question about Branching..

I implemented my own Branching inclusive a branching descriptor that
supports more than 2 alternatives.

During my branching sometimes I would like to skip the remaining
alternatives.
So my question:

1) is it ok just to return ES_FAIL from MyBranching::commit(..) to skip
the corresponding branch? or will it lead to some strange behavior?

2) is there a possibility for directly skipping the remaining
alternatives without implementing the whole search engine? I would like
to use DFS as it is.. ;)

thanks lot and have a nice weekend

Martin