[gecode-users] gecode 1.0.0 fails to build with gcc 4.2 snapshot

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Sun Apr 9 00:16:22 CEST 2006

Hi!

> Martin Michlmayr tried to build gecode 1.0.0 with gcc 4.2 snapshot,
> unsuccessully.  Is this something that would concern 1.0.1 or the
> upcoming 1.1.0(?)?

I'm sorry, we currently don't have a gcc 4.2 accessible anywhere, so I
can't make any promises. However, Gecode 1.1.0 (to be released anytime
soon now) builds successfully with gcc 4.1.0, just as Martin reports.

I've had a look at the debian bug report. It really looks odd. The
compiler suggests to use -fPIC, although that's in fact switched on by
default. So, at the moment, I'd guess it's a problem in gcc 4.2 rather
than in Gecode.

As said, Gecode 1.1.0 is due next week. If you have any suggestions how we
could make your life easier concerning packaging, please let us know!

Guido Tack
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack