[gecode-users] How to create a text-based interface to Gecode?

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Apr 7 15:49:52 CEST 2006

Hi!

> I need to pass runtime to a constraint solver ( Gecode :P ) some
> constraints
> as string and retrieve the possible results. I mean something like that:
> [...]
> In MY_MODULE I could use Gecode... but how? Can you post some small
> examples
> of Gecode use with constraints like the above one?

This is not exactly trivial. You really have to write a parser for the
strings, so that you have a more abstract representation of the
constraints. Then you need to interpret that representation, create
corresponding variables and post the constraints. So, basically, you are
implementing a small modelling language.

Guido Tack
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack