[gecode-users] How to create a text-based interface to Gecode?

Giuseppe Di Guglielmo diguglielmo at sci.univr.it
Fri Apr 7 15:34:33 CEST 2006

I need to pass runtime to a constraint solver ( Gecode :P ) some constraints
as string and retrieve the possible results. I mean something like that:

if (MY_MODULE.solve("X>=2 & Y<23") == SUCCESS) {
   cout << MY_MODULE.retrieve("X") << endl;
   cout << MY_MODULE.retrieve("Y") << endl;
}

In MY_MODULE I could use Gecode... but how? Can you post some small examples
of Gecode use with constraints like the above one?

Thanks.

 Giuseppe Di Guglielmo

 Department of Computer Science - University of Verona
 Strada le Grazie, 15 - 37134 Verona - Italy

 email: diguglielmo at sci.univr.it
 tel:   +39 045 8027049
 fax:   +39 045 8027068