[Gecode] Subversion

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Aug 17 16:31:32 CEST 2005

> I have tried the subversion repository now, and my first impression
> is that it is easier to handle than cvs.

That's what I thought too (especially from an administrator's point of view).

> The only issue that I have found is that some commands seem to be
> rather slow. One example is viewing log-messages, doing 'svn log
> int.hh --limit 2' takes 20 seconds on my machine, 7 seconds to
> display the information and 13 seconds after. For a simple
> log-request, like 'svn log INSTALL' (recently added, no changes), it
> takes almost a second. I don't know if this is an issue with
> subversion, my machine, or something else.

I also had that impression. Checking out seems to be much slower than with
CVS. So I guess that's a server problem - we'll see if it gets better after
we've switched to our new server.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab, Saarland University, Saarbrücken
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack