[Gecode] Logo, Homepage

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue Oct 26 16:18:35 CEST 2004

Hi everyone!

Another iteration in our quest for a homepage and a logo:
http://www.gecode.org/Internal/home/index.html

(login "gecode", pwd "pr.p.g.t.", as usual)

My opinion:
I like Christian's short logo. I don't think we need a logo with the name
"Gecode" in it, and I share Christian Schulte's opinion that "Gecode" in
green is not such a good choice. The logo doesn't look too good without the
"G". So, after all, I vote for keeping this version - maybe we can play
around a bit with the font, size, and position of the "G".
The text on the front page is of course just a first rough cut.

I would really like to replace the current "homepage" at www.gecode.org with
something that looks better and tells at least a little more - we advertised
Gecode on the CP and MOZ conferences, so I guess there might be some people
googleing for it, and the current homepage basically says "go away" ;-).
I hope we can find a compromise soon, so please tell me what you think about
it.

Guido Tack
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack