[Gecode] Moving the CVS

Guido Tack tack at ps.uni-sb.de
Mon Jul 26 15:58:44 CEST 2004

Hi everyone.

I would suggest moving our CVS from /services/ps/CVS to /services/gecode/CVS.
This will give us better permission control and a nicer directory structure.
And, in addition, we can use cvs.gecode.org:/services/gecode/CVS as the
root ;-)

For the web server, Christian suggested to put all the web pages into CVS, so
that we just have to do a CVS update to "upload" any changes. I think this is
a good idea, and I would propose to add another toplevel module gecode-web.
Would it make sense to have a shell script that is, say, "suid tack", which
updates the CVS in apache's html root? That way, all directories and files
would automatically get coherent permissions.

Guido Tack
Programming Systems Lab
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~tack