[gecode-users] GECODE: Crosswords with two constraints, set letters and black cells

Andrea Sacconi andreasacconi at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 12:55:14 CEST 2018

So you are basically suggesting to put the specified letters as initial letters of either horizontal or vertical words in the grid, not in the middle? Is this what you mean by "regular constraints" and "right directions"?

I guess that putting them anywhere might have affected the propagation phase. I mean, I am not a linguist but in itself the constraint at the beginning or in the middle of the word would make the feasibility harder depending only on how letters are distributed in the words of the given dictionary. Mathematically speaking is the same, no?

I don't know enough about the propagation to understand how it proceeds.

Cheers,
Andrea

Sent from my Huawei Mobile