[gecode-users] Distinguishing advisors by pointer or reference?

Sebastian Albert albert at math.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Mar 24 19:54:12 CET 2018

Dear list

I'm currently trying to get started with Advisors, and I'm wondering
what would be the correct way to go.

I have a propagator with four different IntViews that play different
roles, and I want to use advisors to tell which one has changed. Can I
keep references to them in my propagator object and compare these to the
advisor passed into the advise function? How should I go about this?

The two examples in MPG are sort of special and do not seem to do that,
since the first one only has advisors for variables playing the same
role, and the second one has only one, inferring the different roles
from the variable types (boolean vs. integer).

Thanks
Sebastian