[gecode-users] BAB implementation

aqwzsxaqwzsx aqwzsxaqwzsx at orange.fr
Tue Mar 13 19:14:53 CET 2018

I know that A * and CSP are different paradigms. I made several projects with both. Both are also used in the planning / scheduling problem.
A * is easy to implement, simpler, and the variants are interesting when integrated in real-time systems.
The CSP (with BAB engine) seems more suitable, but may require more time to be formalized, mapped to an existing solver.
So, maybe both solutions should be tested and evaluated (development, complexity, maintainability, evolutivity,...)

Thanks,
Philippe