[gecode-users] Extra level of variables needed for count?

Neill Clift NeillClift at live.com
Sat Mar 10 20:36:59 CET 2018

Hi,
I want to restrict the values of an array to members of a multiset. This is a bit like distinct but can have repeated values.
So for example I want the values of b[0..7] to come from the multiset {5,5,5,4,3,2,1,0}. The b’s are essentially a permutation of the multiset
Count seems to be the way to achieve this but I have to add a whole new set of variables (the v’s below) that contain the counts of the multiplicities.
I cut out a bunch of stuff that’s not relevant to the code below so I hope it still makes  sense.
bp.MaxBit is the number of distinct values in the multiset. And bp.Bits[i] is the multiplicity for the multiset value i.
Is this the expected way to do what I am trying to do here?
Thanks.
Neill.

public:
                IntVarArray b;

public:
                PartialOrderSort(LPTYPER n, BIT_PATTERN &bp, LPTYPER TopIndex) :
                                b(*this, n, 0, TopIndex)
                {
                                IntVarArgs x(n);
                                IntVarArgs c((LPTYPER)bp.MaxBit);
                                for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) {
                                                x[i] = b[i];
                                }
                                IntVarArray v(*this, (LPTYPER)bp.MaxBit, 0, n - 1);
                                for (int i = 0; i < bp.MaxBit; i++) {
                                                c[i] = v[i];
                                                rel(*this, v[i] == (LPTYPER)bp.Bits[i]);
                                }

                                count(*this, x, c, IPL_DOM);