[gecode-users] update of gecode back-end for monadic-cp, was: Re: from 3 to 6?

Johannes Waldmann johannes.waldmann at htwk-leipzig.de
Sat Apr 28 15:43:23 CEST 2018

Hi, I think I got this working. The actual error was
that a branch on BoolVars had IntVar control parameters.
To give some more context:

The "Monadic Constraint Programming Framework" (Schrijvers et al.)
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.184.9140
https://doi.org/10.1017/S0956796809990086
is a way of representing constraint systems and search strategies
via a DSL that is embedded in (i.e., uses the syntax and semantics,
in particular the type system, of) Haskell.
Gecode can be used as a back-end
https://lirias.kuleuven.be/handle/123456789/242221

The implementation
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monadiccp-gecode
was bit-rotted. I updated it to work
with current Gecode (6.0.0) and Haskell compiler (ghc-8.2.2)
(working test case in this CI build
https://travis-ci.org/jwaldmann/monadiccp-gecode/builds/372165385 )
Source is at https://github.com/jwaldmann/monadiccp-gecode
and we'll see about publishing this on hackage soon.

- J.W.