[gecode-users] Question on rewriting

Christian Schulte cschulte at kth.se
Mon Mar 13 09:46:10 CET 2017

Hi,

That should be fine, however I would not recommend it, really, for
efficiency reasons: when a propagator is being rewritten it is done such
that most likely no additional memory needs to be allocated for both the
newly created propagator and the subscriptions this propagator is going to
create.

Then, the newly created propagator actually inherits some information from
the propagator being rewritten, such as id, failure count, etc. You would
have to make sure that this happens as well.

Christian Schulte, www.gecode.org/~schulte

Professor of Computer Science, KTH,  <mailto:cschulte at kth.se>
cschulte at kth.se

Expert Researcher, RISE ICT/SICS,  <mailto:cschulte at sics.se>