[gecode-users] Verbose output to trace propagation

Sebastian Albert albert at math.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Oct 22 09:41:25 CEST 2016

Hello Gecoders

I am rather new to Gecode, and during my first steps (with Float
variables, actually), I'd like to see what the propagators are doing
(because I don't see the float intervals pruned as much as I would have
expected). While Gist offers great insights into search and branching, I
did not find a neat facility to trace propagation. I'm using the
minimodel, so a way of actually seeing the generated expressions,
auxiliary variables and their propagators might also help.

Is there any option other than spraying "std::cout << foo << bar <<
std::endl" into every other Gecode source code line? Maybe a specialized
Space class to derive from?

By the way, the links to GMANE are broken. Actually, the search function
on dir.gmane.org itself is also a dead link. (So sorry for not having
"searched" the archive...)

Best
Sebastian