[gecode-users] Freeze with MSVC 2015 optimized build

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Thu Sep 17 17:26:47 CEST 2015

It only happens with Gecode compiled in release mode with MSVC 2015.
There are no such official Gecode binaries, so I wasn't sure whether my
build environment was set up correctly - but it probably is.

This is an excerpt from my original post that explains what seems to be
triggering the problem:

 > In the test case source code there is a constant
 > "8686.9666660000003". Changing it to "8686" seems to fix the problem
 > - but even "8686.9" makes dfs freeze.  It also seems that it is the
 > branching strategy 'FLOAT_VAL_SPLIT_MAX' that is causing problems.

Regarding the build environment, I tried running some tests, and it
seems to fail "Float::Arithmetic::Div::C":

Float::Arithmetic::Div::B +++++
Float::Arithmetic::Div::C -

I wonder whether this passes in your environment.  The "Div" tests seem
to run slow.  The same test with the seed 71643693 seems to pass.

Cheers,
Filip