[gecode-users] Freeze with MSVC 2015 optimized build

Filip Konvička filip.konvicka at logis.cz
Thu Sep 17 15:23:35 CEST 2015

> I was trying to use the Qt installer but Qt does not seem to be visible
> in the cygwin environment.  I'll try the source package as you suggest,
> that sounds better to me.

So in the end I finished using the pre-built version of Qt and I'm now
able to run the script in Gist (Gist::dfs). The issue is still there.  I
ran 'Next Solution' - this apparently runs the search in a separate
thread but never finishes (and 'Stop' does not stop the search, you have
to kill the program). Inspecting the nodes one by one freezes the
program during the 3rd expansion, and in this case the program stops
responding altogether.

So my guess is this is really some tight loop somewhere in Gecode (maybe
caused by a new optimization or bug in the new compiler?)

Cheers,
Filip